Your partner in hygiene and care solution
Our approach to managing hygiene and care in the workplace is a little different. We see ourselves as a partner in developing agile and innovative hygiene solutions tailored to your unique business requirements. We spend time gaining a deep understanding of your business – what drives your success and what is important to you, your end-customer and what is important to them. We bring fresh insights, based on our market, category and product expertise and develop a personalised collaborative and responsible partnership that adds value to your business.
A Trusted Partner Of Choice
Twinsaver is the trusted toilet paper brand in South Africa for three reasons:
- Brand and Reputation – We have a track record of over four decades as SA’s favourite toilet paper brand*.
- Scale and Expertise – We are the largest local tissue manufacturer in South Africa. Our national manufacturing and distribution footprint together with our expertise delivers value across all Away From Home channels.
- Competitiveness – We understand the market and our clients’ ever-changing needs, combining local and global insights with innovation, flexibility, and speed to market.
* MillwardBrown Study 2016
Green Choice and sustainability
WHY SUSTAINABLE PRODUCT SOLUTIONS MAKE BUSINESS SENSE
The Green Choice range by Twinsaver aims to help you meet growing concerns for the environment with ethical, eco-friendly and cost-effective product choices that deliver on the quality, comfort and effective performance you demand.
Look for the Green Choice mark and make the smart choice for your business to make a big difference.
What is Green Choice?
A smart choice for business
WHAT’S BRIGHTER THAN WHITE? MAKING A PLANET FRIENDLY PAPER CHOICE!
- Tissue made from Recycled Fibre (RF) is not going to be as white as a roll made from new or Virgin Fibre (VF).
- What’s good to know is, we make our Green Choice range as bright as possible, with a sulphite-based bleaching agent (not chlorine or chlorine-dioxide) that is less harmful to the environment.
- Our Green Choice toilet paper is soft, strong and as bright as our nearest competitor, it’s also 10% thicker than comparable Virgin Fibre 1 Ply toilet paper.
- The Green Choice range by Twinsaver aims to help you meet growing concerns for the environment with ethical, eco-friendly and cost-effective product choices that deliver on the quality, comfort and effective performance you demand.
- Look for the Green Choice mark and make the smart choice for your business to make a big difference.
The Green Choice product journey
Biggest Recycled fibre brand
Twinsaver is the largest tissue manufacturer and user of recycled paper fibre in South Africa, fibre that’s used in our 100% Green Choice range.
All material used in our Recycled Fibre tissue is sourced from informal recycling collectors, providing sustainable incomes to communities in need while extending the lifespan of landfills.
Water-wise and energy efficiency
We’re working to reduce our impact on the environment at every stage of our operations, our initiatives have produced a 5% reduction in the use of energy in all manufacturing sites and over 60% of total water usage through boreholes.
Responsible waste management
The sludge by-product of our Recycled Fibre paper manufacture process is used to make bricks which are used in a range of community upliftment and infrastructure projects.
We use recyclable poly packaging across the Twinsaver Green Choice range to integrate our product usage with our clients’ recycling initiatives.
We won't hide the facts
Recycled Fibre vs. Virgin Fibre
Any tissue made from Recycled Fibre (RF) is NEVER going to be as soft or white as a roll made from Virgin Fibre (VF) derived from new-cut forestry wood.
This is because the longer fibres in virgin wood are easier to lay out and fluff up for a softer tissue, and the whiteness is created by extensive use of harmful chlorine-based bleaches.
But, we do make our recycled paper as bright as possible, our Green Choice toilet tissue is softer, stronger, and as bright as our RF nearest competitor while 10% thicker than comparable VF product.
The paper manufacture process
As South Africa largest paper tissue supplier we know that our manufacturing operations are resource and energy intensive.
We are trying to change all this.
We’re working to reduce our impact on the environment at every stage of our operations, reducing our water dependence and energy efficiencies, minimising our footprint in terms of waste-management from landfill to waste-water quality, while still delivering the quality you expect from the most trusted toilet paper brand in the country.
Making Green Choice your smart choice of products allows us to make further strides towards realising these goals.
Partner with us for a sustainable future – speak to your Twinsaver AFH representative.
Our commitment to maintaining sustainable and good business practices is reflected in our SABS, ISO 9001 certification.